NFL Draft Analysis to come soon…
22) St. Louis Rams Select Tavon Austin, Wide Receiver, West Virginia.
Reasoning: The Rams have no receivers outside of Givens, Austin is both explosive and smart, he has great hands, you get him the ball and he could be gone in a blink of an eye.
23) Minnesota Vikings Select Sheldon Richardson, Defensive Tackle, Missouri.
Reasoning: Guion was pretty bad this year beside Williams, Richardson possess both power and speed and will be a decent defensive piece in their 4-3.
24) Indianapolis Colts Select Damontre Moore, OLB/DE, Texas A&M.
Reasoning: The Colts just cut Dwight Freeney and they will need a rush linebacker to fit their 3-4, Moore can be a good rush linebacker despite his bad combine performance.
25) Seattle Seahawks Select Datone Jones, Defensive End, UCLA.
Reasoning: Chris Clemons tore his ACL and may not be back in time for the season, Irvin is a great pass rusher but cannot play the run at all, and Jones plays the pass and run both very well and will be a great addition to this Seattle defense.
26) Green Bay Packers Select Keenan Allen, Wide Receiver, California.
Reasoning: Greg Jennings is a free agent and Jones, Cobb, and Nelson are not number one receivers’ with Allen’s hands and route running he is a legit number 1 receiver and will make the Packer’s offense even better.
27) Houston Texans Select Kevin Minter, Middle Linebacker, LSU.
Reasoning: Bradie James pretty much sucked, they need an answer beside Cushing and Minter is a great tackler and has tremendous awareness and in my eyes this is a steal.
28) Denver Broncos Select Kawann Short, Defensive Tackle, Purdue.
Reasoning: Bannan or Vickerson were not very good and are both free agents the Broncos will need a upgrade here and Short can both play the run and is a great pass rusher.
29) New England Patriots Select Johnthan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State.
Reasoning: Talib is a possible free agent and Dennard was found guilty of a third degree felony, I doubt Dennard is suspended but the Pats do need to improve their cornerback play and will do so here.
30) Atlanta Falcons Select Alex Okafor, Defensive End, Texas.
Reasoning: The Falcons released Ray Edwards and Abraham is aging (35) they need some more players capable of pass rushing at the defensive end position and Okafor can do so.
31) San Francisco 49ers Select DeAndre Hopkins, Wide Receiver, Clemson.
Reasoning: The 49ers have no one across from Crabtree and will need to give Kaepernick some more weapons to push and become the top team in the NFL.
32) Baltimore Ravens Select Alec Ogletree, Middle Linebacker, Georgia.
Reasoning: Ray Lewis is retiring, Ellerbe is a free agent and McClain has a spinal contusion, plenty of ILB are down and the Ravens need to upgrade quickly to continue competing at a high level.