2013 NFL Mock Draft picks by Blake…
11) San Diego Chargers Select Lane Johnson, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma.
Reasoning: The Chargers pass protection was so bad last year, a reason for Rivers horrible, horrible, and I repeat horrible season, Johnson is a power and quick tackle who can be a huge impact at left tackle for the Chargers.
12) Miami Dolphins Select Desmond Trufant, Cornerback, Washington.
Reasoning: The Colts traded Vontae Davis to the Colts and to add to the mess Sean Smith is a free agent and most likely is leaving, Desmond Trufant in my eyes is the best corner in this draft, decent speed, and great ball skills and can press like no other.
13) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Bjoern Werner, Defensive End, Florida State.
Reasoning: Michael Bennett is a free agent and Da’Quan Bowers just got in trouble for gun possession in an airport, Tampa will need a defensive end opposite of Adrian Clayborn and Werner could be an excellent fit in Tampa’s defense.
14) Carolina Panthers Select Xavier Rhodes, Cornerback, Florida State.
Reasoning: Chris Gamble was okay last year and The Panthers need an upgrade across of him, Rhodes is lengthy and has speed and also will improve the secondary immediately.
15) New Orleans Saints Select Jonathan Cyprien, Safety, Florida International.
Reasoning: Harper and Jenkins have been pretty bad in coverage this year and they will need to at least upgrade one of those positions Cyprien is great at coverage and is decent in run coverage and in my eyes could be an elite safety in the league.
16) St. Louis Rams Select Kenny Vaccaro, Safety, Texas.
Reasoning: Craig Dahl was disastrous in the 2012 campaign but he is also a free agent, Vaccaro can come in and be their upgrade they have badly needed.
17) Pittsburgh Steelers Select Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia.
Reasoning: Steelers pass rush was a weak link last year and they will need to improve it, if healthy Jones can be a top pass rushing linebacker in this league the key word is “IF”.
18) Dallas Cowboys Select Jonathan Cooper, Offensive Guard, North Carolina.
Reasoning: Dallas had to move Bernadeau to Center and need help at Guard; Cooper is my favorite guard of this draft and can open up running lanes with both his power and speed.
19) New York Giants Select Star Lotulelei, Defensive Tackle, Utah.
Reasoning: Bernard is a free agent and Canty was cut, Lotulelei can step in at the middle and be a great upgrade at the position.
20) Chicago Bears Select D.J. Fluker, Offensive Tackle, Alabama.
Reasoning: Carimi is coming slowly but surely, but Webb just got in trouble which he is horrible anyways so it gives them a reason to cut him, Fluker can be a upgrade over Webb and will be for the Bears.
21) Cincinnati Bengals Select Eddie Lacy, Running Back, Alabama.
Reasoning: Bengals need an upgrade at Running back and Lacy can be the man, for the Bengals offense, Lacy has a combination of Power and speed and will bring a new dimension to the Bengals offense.