2014 NFL Mock Draft by Justin | 9-16
9. Buffalo Bills-Eric Ebron, TE, UNC: The Bills need to get EJ Manuel some weapons to throw to and Ebron is a can’t miss stud at the TE position. He doesn’t have body yet to be a big blocker but he can play against elite man coverage and win consistently. He is the exact security blanket a young QB needs to help in his development.
10. Detroit Lions- Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State: If Detroit can not move up to get their hands on Sammy Watkins to put alongside Megatron then they will not reach and pick the best cover corner the draft has to offer to fill a glaring need.
11. Tennessee Titans- Blake Bortles, QB, UCF: The Titans are not sold on Locker especially with his injury issues. The Tennessee bites on the one hit wonder QB and one who I feel is the bust of this draft class.
12. New York Giants- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan: The Giants wanted Aaron Donald and bad but unfortunately he is not available for them as they had hoped. The consolation of Taylor Lewan is plenty good for a team that needs Eli to feel confident again in the pocket to lead his team back to the Super Bowl.
13. St.Louis Rams- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama: This is my lock pick of the draft. I don’t see a better fit for any team than this one here. The talent at the safety position in free agency is nonexistent and luckily there are plenty of good young safety’s this year.
14. Chicago Bears Calvin Pryor , Louisville: A very good safety taught by Coach Bedford. He has a lot of talent but I feel this is a bit high to take him as the difference in skill between Pryor and Clinton-Dix is noticeable on tape. That being said teams are going to make sure they get the player they want. Pryor has flown up the draft boards as of late.
15.Pittsburgh Steelers – Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan St: The Steelers have their pick of the next wave of receivers to give Big Ben a little help but they cannot pass up the most physical corner in this year’s class. Dennard is a player that seems to be bread to be a Steeler and a great replacement next year for the hole Ike Taylor is leaving.
16. Dallas Cowboys- Anthony Bar OLB UCLA: Anthony barr is a physical specimen that seems to just make plays. I have seen his stokc slipping a bit lately but I think Jerry Jones will make the call in hpes that he will fill in for the void that exist from DeMarcus Ware.