2014 NFL Mock Draft
by Tyler Lurkins
The first 2014 NFL Mock Draft by any of the writers from newnfldraft.com is up. It is headlined by some top tier talent in Jadeveon Clowney and Teddy Bridgewater.
1. Philadelphia(4-12)-Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville-The Eagles face a tough schedule with a whole new offense and defense. Bridgewater is the athlete that will be needed to lead this offensive attack. His stats rival and succeed anything put up by RG3 at the same point in their careers.(2013-Luke Joeckel) .
2. Jacksonville(4-12)-Logan Thomas, QB, Va. Tech-Jacksonville will have a great opportunity to shore up their D quickly. Their offense will be brought along in the 2014 draft. Thomas has the build and skills to be highly touted, surely he will have a more productive year in 2013.(2013-Star Lotulelei) .
3. Arizona(4-12)-Jake Matthews, T, Texas A and M-This team has a tough schedule and will play much better than they did in 2012. However, with a new DC and OC, and likely a new QB, this team will take another year to develop. At any rate, it’s doubtful the Cards keep Levi Brown after the 2013 season and the O line will finally need to be solidified with Matthews.(2013-Matt Barkley) .
4. Buffalo(5-11)-Jadeveon Clowney, DE, S. Carolina-Buffalo, like Arizona, will improve under a new, young, signal caller. Clowney is the best player in the draft, probably the top talent in the last decade. Clowney will start instantly and make a huge impact.(2013-Mike Glennon) .
5. Oakland(5-11)-Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson-Years of bad drafts will keep Oakland’s talent depleted, but they are showing the start of a good, young, nucleus. Palmer is aging and Pryor will never be the answer. Boyd is a dual threat QB with good tangibles. With so much speed on the offense, Boyd may finally be the answer in Oakland.(2013-Damontre Moore) .