2014 NFL Mock Draft
by Tyler Lurkins
Tyler’s newest 2014 NFL Mock Draft
6 Full Rounds
Follow Tyler on Twitter
@STLdrafts and let him know your thoughts.
1. Houston-Jadeveon Clowney, LB, S. Carolina-Now Clowney is refusing to work out with teams. With the QB’s all being a shade flawed, the Texans will stick with a game changer. Clowney will be tossed at OLB, where Crennel was used a similar prospect, Tamba Hali.
2. St. Louis(via Washington)-Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo-Fisher has never took an O lineman in the first round, and with a run first scheme, it’s doubtful this year is different. A 6’ Watkins will be too outmatched twice a year against Seattle. LB is a trouble position where the poorly performing Dunbar has been resigned. Mack’s tenacious play will fit will in this system.
3. Jacksonville-Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson-If Jacksonville took a QB, who would he throw to? They elect to take the most explosive offensive weapon in the draft in Watkins.
4. Cleveland-David Carr, QB, Fresno St.-If Cleveland is a win now mode, and they feel Carr is the QB they want, why not just take him. The D is steady, the O line is above average, you have a star WR, TE, and a new RB. Take the prospect you want and run with it.
5. Oakland-Mike Evans, WR, Texas A and M-Another big surprise in this mock. Why would a staff on the hot seat take a rookie QB. Schaub is their answer, surround him with weapons. Though a slight reach for Evans, he could be a true #1 receiver down the road.