The top 2013 NFL Draft Running Back rankings by Tyler Lurkins. You can check out Tyler’s 2013 NFL Mock Draft HERE
1. Marcus Lattimore, S. Carolina-Perfect three down back. Has the size to hammer the line and the speed to hit a home run. Pass catches well. Will need to address injury concerns and better his blocking skills. Comparison: Matt Forte.
2. Eddie Lacey, Alabama-Massive frame who attacks defenders. Catches defenders off guard with surprising speed. Needs to block better for a back of his size. Will need more reps in pass catching situations. Comparison: Brandon Jacobs
3. Andre Ellington, Clemson-Extremely quick and elusive. Holds onto the ball well. Perfect for screens and draws. Not a short yardage back and will need to bulk up some. Comparison: CJ Spiller
4. Stephan Taylor, Stanford-A complete back. Shows ability to block and catch. Has the size to endure NFL punishment and be a feature back. Lacks true explosiveness and needs to be more aggressive. Comparison: Donald Brown
5. Montee Ball, Wisconsin-Comes from a pro style system. A team leader who is a three down back. Shows willingness to accept a role and better himself in it. Has seen a lot of hit and may lack durability to be a durable back. Comparison: Ahmad Bradshaw.