2016 NFL Mock Draft Round 3 | 1-16
1. Tennessee-T.J. Green, FS, Clemson-Green is a mobile safety who plays well in coverage.
2. Cleveland-Connor Cook, QB, Michigan St.-Cook is an awkward guy, but can play some QB. RG3 will not only need a solid backup, but competition as well….again…against a Michigan St. quarterback.
3. San Diego-Hassan Ridgeway, DE, Texas-Reyes is gone. Ridgeway is an explosive force who could excel as a 5 tech.
4. Dallas-Deion Jones, LB, LSU-Jones uses his speed to be a monster at the next level. Dallas needs to have guys who can step in and play with their injury prone linebackers.
San Francisco-Willie Beavers, T, W. Michigan-Beavers is a very solid prospect who can play any position but center.
6. Jacksonville-DeAndre Houston Carson, CB, William and Mary-Carson is a former corner turned FS. He is superior in zone coverage. He’ll have a chance to start in Jacksonville.
7. Baltimore-Yannick Ngakoue, LB, Maryland-Don’t be surprised to see Ngakoue go in the 2nd round. With Jones and Jack already in tow, Ngakoue is a skilled rusher who will be the last piece in a rebuilt front seven.
8. New York Giants-Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan St.-Calhoun is an absolute steal here.
9. Chicago-Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois-The Bears need another 5 tech end. Ward will be a local favorite, but is filled with talent.
10. Miami-Christian Westerman, G, Arizona St.-Westerman is an extremely gifted guard who shows up on game day.
11. Tampa Bay-Pharoah Cooper, WR, S. Carolina-Cooper is a burner who can take the lid off of the defense.
12. Oakland-Kenneth Dixon, RB, Louisiana Tech-Oakland could use some competition at RB. Dixon is one of the top 5 in this draft. If he’s in the third round, he’s a must draft.
13. Tennessee(via Los Angeles)-Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford-Tennessee has a plethora of average TE’s. Hooper is a good developmental pick who can see time as a rookie.
14. Cleveland(via Philadelphia) –Isaac Suemalo, G/C, Oregon St.-Suemalo is a very potent blocker who can play guard or center.
15. New Orleans-Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio St.-New Orleans could use another receiver or two. Miller is still developing, but his value comes as a utility weapon who can line up anywhere.
16. Philadelphia-Vadal Alexander, G, LSU-Alexander is a versatile talent who excels in the run game.