2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 11-20 by Ian
11. Minnesota – Trae Waynes – CB – Michigan State. Waynes is the top defensive back in this class and Minnesota plays in a division where you need good defensive backs. Facing Rodgers and Stafford twice a year means you can never have enough corners and safeties.
12. Cleveland – Danny Shelton – DT – Washington. Shelton is an explosive player for his size, over 330 pounds. Plugging him in the middle of your front 7 will provide size, explosiveness, and the ability to push the pocket to an already solid defense.
13. New Orleans – Bud Dupree – EDGE – Kentucky. I had Randy Gregory going here for a while but I think his personal issues and issues with his weight will hurt his stock. Dupree is raw but his size and athleticism can add to a below average pass rush in New Orleans.
14. Miami – Todd Gurley – RB – Georgia. Miami. Miami needs weapons for Tannehill but the top receivers are gone. Their defense could use linebacker help or defensive backs but they are gone too. Gurley is one of the most talented players in this class but a knee injury dropped his stock. Miami could use a back to pair with Lamar Miller and give the Dolphins a very good pair of backs.
15. San Francisco – Shane Ray – OLB – Missouri. Ray is a high effort, high motor player. He locks some size needed to play end in a 4-3 defense, so his best fit may be as an OLB in the 3-4.
16. Houston – Malcom Brown – DT – Texas. Brown can come in and rotate in with Vince Wilfork right away. Wilfork was a nice addition for this season but he has a lot of miles on those legs and the long term solution in the middle of the defensive line is needed.
17. San Diego – Melvin Gordon – RB – Wisconsin. San Diego is in need of a running back after Ryan Matthews moved east to Philadelphia. Gordon showed consistency and explosiveness in college and also has good size at 6 ft, 215 pounds.
18. Kansas City – Breshad Perriman – WR – UCF. Everyone knows how bad the Chiefs receiving group was last year. They didn’t catch a single touchdown. In free agency they added Jeremy Maclin but they still need help. Perriman has been rising up draft boards after his pro day and his 40 time. I am not as high on Perriman as some but it looks like he will find his way into round 1.
19. Cleveland – Randy Gregory – OLB – Nebraska. One of the most talented players in this whole class finally gets selected. Weight issues, a failed drug test and other issues have killed Gregory’s stock. He fits nicely as a 3-4 OLB in this scheme.
20. Philadelphia – Nelson Agholor – WR – USC. The eagles need some playmakers at wide receiver after Jeremy Maclin left in free agency. Agholor has been on the rise and can play in the slot or on the outside along with being a solid return man too.