NFL Week 12 Power Rankings
by Tyler Lurkins
1. New England-The Pats are still on a roll. They’re a smart and savvy team. The Lions will be
tough next week coming off their loss, but New England still has home field advantage.
2. Arizona-Sold! Arizona beat a top notch team. The D looks great, Stanton fits in well, the
receivers fly down field, and Ellington is a horse. If the Desert Birds can knock off Seattle at
home next week, hands down they will be #1 in these power rankings.
3. Kansas City-The Chiefs slid past the Seahawks as Jamaal Charles took over. The concern is still
that they can’t put the ball in the endzone through the air. Hopefully that will change next
Sunday against a poor Raiders secondary.
4. Green Bay-The defense is really showing up now. An indoor matchup at Minnesota shouldn’t
pose much of a threat to the Pack.
5. Denver-The Rams D really isn’t a joke. Still, Denver showed that depth is their Achilles heel.
Miami could pose a serious threat if the D doesn’t hold.
6. Detroit-What a rough schedule. Fly to play a great Cardinals team. Now they fly to the east
coast to play a tough New England team.
7. Indianapolis-No matter how good the Patriots are, a playoff team can’t give up that many points
at home. Next week the Colts get the lowly Jaguars.
8. Dallas-Dallas comes off the bye week to play the Giants.
9. Miami-Miami is really on the cusp. Buffalo is a tough team, but now the Fins travel to Denver.
Hopefully they can expose the same holes as St. Louis did.
10. Philadelphia-A rejuvenated Sanchez? Nope. Philly will need Foles back to keep pace with Dallas
in the division. At least they play a weak Tennessee team.
11. San Francisco-The Niners needed to show more authority against the Giants. However, they get
a Washington team that’s sinking fast.
13. Baltimore-Baltimore had a free week to figure out how to stop the New Orleans offense.
Though the Saints are spiraling downward, they’re still dangerous.
14. Cincinnati-Welcome back to reality Dalton. Cincy travels to face the Mallet lead Texans next.
15. Cleveland-Consistency Cleveland, look it up! On the verge of so much national respect, the
Browns lost to Houston. Atlanta is still a weak team, and Cleveland needs to pull out the V next
16. Buffalo-Miami is a solid team, Buffalo can keep their head high. Good news is the Bills face the
Jets, bad news is Rex Ryan had a bye week to prepare for their sputtering offense.
17. Seattle-Seattle is now the sleeper team. According to the roster, they’re still an NFL juggernaut.
The inconsistent play and record has them sliding in these rankings. A win at home against the
division leading Cardinals will be huge.
18. San Diego-The Bolts needed a more convincing win against the Raiders. They’ll host the Rams,
coming off a huge win, next week.
19. Houston-The Texans are just a feisty team that won’t go away. They’ll host a very talented
Bengals team next week.
20. Atlanta-A four win team, Atlanta leads the division. They’ll host a tough battle against Cleveland
21. Chicago-The Bears needed the win against Minnesota. Lovie returns to Chicago next week for
revenge. Both offenses are starting to click, and this will be a tough matchup for Chicago.
22. St. Louis-The D really took advantage of Denver injuries. They go to the west coast next week to
face a decent Bolts team.
23. New Orleans-The Saints simply can’t put wins together, but the division is still up in the air.
Baltimore could be a huge win for New Orleans.
24. Minnesota-The team really didn’t show much fight against Chicago. This young team needs to
continually grow and show improvement, which they didn’t do this week. The big issue is the
Vikes host Green Bay now.
25. Carolina-The G.M. should be fired. Your franchise QB is getting destroyed one year removed
from being a playoff contender. No O line, and no talent around him, Newton is struggling.
They have a much needed bye week.
26. New York Jets-After a big win, the Jets went into a bye week to prepare for Buffalo.
27. New York Giants-The Giants lack motivation. They held their own against the Niners, but now
28. Tennessee-The Titans are a work in progress. They could really challenge the reeling Eagles next
29. Washington-The fans are calling for RG3’s job. The outlook won’t get any better as the Skins go
to the left coast to challenge the Niners.
30. Jacksonville-The Jags just need to play their game and grow. Indy’s porous D could provide
some uplift for the season.
31. Tampa Bay-Tampa continues to struggle. However, Lovie is guaranteed to have them ready to
play against Chicago.
32. Oakland-Oakland just isn’t going to get it together. They host the Chiefs next.