Tyler’s 4 Round 2017 NFL Mock Draft
2017 NFL Mock Draft: Updated 02/22/2017
Please Follow me on twitter @newnfldraft and let me know what you think about the below 2015 NFL Mock Draft. If you are interested in writing your own 2017 NFL Mock Draft and having it posted on newnfldraft.com please follow and tweet me.
1. Cleveland-Myles Garrett, LB, Texas A and M-Cleveland can develop a QB or select the absolute best player in the draft. Garrett isn’t just the best player, but is a player that can be an absolute star for years to come.
2. San Francisco-Mitch Trubisky, QB, N. Carolina-San Fran needs a warm body at QB. Trubisky is simply the most NFL ready in the draft. After a less than spectacular showing in the Sun Bowl, Trubisky will really need to show teams that he is worthy of the #2 pick, but should still be the first QB off the board.
3. Chicago-Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama- Allen is arguably the best player in the draft and he ends up going to a Chicago team that needs a top tier playmaker.
4. Jacksonville-Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St.-Marrone needs to put as much firepower around Bortles as possible. Cook vs Fournette is like Marshall Faulk vs. A. Peterson. Though Jonathan Allen is on the board, Cook can carry the load and be a star back in the NFL. Ivory and Yeldon just aren’t going to be the answer.
5. Tennessee(via Los Angeles)-Jamal Adams, S, LSU-Tennessee is a draft away from being a very solid team. The secondary is their top priority. With such huge depth in corner, the Titans will choose a roaming safety that can lay the wood to receivers.
6. New York Jets-Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech-The combine is miles away, and that’s where Mahomes needs to earn his money. He’s extremely athletic, has an amazing arm, shows great accuracy, but comes from a gimmick offense. If Mahomes can show he can play under center and read defenses, he’s every bit the prospect of Kizer and Watson.
7. LA Chargers-–Malik Hooker, S, Ohio St.-Hooker is a transcendent player that will make an immediate impact.
8. Carolina-Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU-Carolina has glaring holes but it’s hard to pass on one of the most powerful running backs seen in the last decade. Stewart is solid, but not spectacular. Want to take the heat off of Cam, then select a star to carry the rock.
9. Cincinnati-Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee-Barnett has been one of the more dominant defenders in college football. Maybe not the most impressive athlete, but he is a constant producer with a high motor.
10. Buffalo-Mike Williams, WR, Clemson-Tyrod may stay in Buffalo. McDermott wasn’t hired to develop a QB. With a solid running game and a capable O line, Whaley will be looking to select a star receiver to pair with Watkins, and hopefully boost Tyrod’s game.