2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10 by Tyler Lurkins.
6. New York Jets-Vic Beasley, LB, Clemson-The Jets need to really shoot for drafting offensive weapons along the line or at RB. Bowles is a genius at making stars out of average prospects. However, the Jets pass rush is so anemic, I’m not sure the Jets can pass on Beasley to set the edge.
7. Chicago-Kevin White, WR, W. Virginia-Should both Fowler and Beasley be gone, the Bears either trade back or take the best available. Fox will be pounding the table for anyone but a receiver, but Cutler can’t exist with only Jeffery. Cutler is the key to winning here, and he needs some talent at WR.
8. Atlanta-Brandon Scherff, G/T, Atlanta-Much like Gus Bradley and the Jags, the Falcons have made a ton of free agent moves, and Quinn will make the most of the D he has. Matt Ryan must stay upright, and Scherff will be a great fit at LG or LT in the Shanahan offense.
9. New York Giants-Alvin Dupree, DE, Kentucky-Dupree is really shooting up the charts. A LT like Andrus Peat could be in play here, but the O line is at least average. This team takes talent first, plus they have nothing opposite of JPP. The other factor is, what if JPP doesn’t stay healthy? Someone will need to shoulder the pass rushing load.
10. St. Louis-La’el Collins, G/T, LSU-St. Louis is a safe bet to trade out of this spot. Here, they’ll carefully choose between Waynes, Collins, and Scherff. The Rams have a stable of young corners that are above average. Ultimately the angry disposition of Collins, mixed with his excellent ability, will be the pick. Collins should start at G, but provide insurance for Robinson at LT, should his play decline. Though the top brass prefers not to take offensive lineman high, they can’t afford to lose because of a poor O line either.