Tyler’s 2014 NFL Mock Draft Round 2 | 1-16
1. Houston-Ra’Shede Hageman, DE, Minnesota-Houston doesn’t see much separation between Mettenberger, Savage, Garoppolo, Bridgewater, and McCarron. Therefore, the rumor will stand true and they will look for a QB at the top of the third.
2. Washington-Weston Richburg, C, Colorado St.-Washington has very little, if anything, at C.
3. Cleveland-Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice-Gaines represents the last of the starting CB’s in the draft. With very little needs at this point, Gaines can come in and develop opposite of Haden.
4. Oakland-Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, TE, Washington-With a starting receiver in tow, Oakland will look for an explosive TE.
5. Atlanta-Dee Ford, LB, Auburn-Atlanta is searching for a top pass rusher to start their 34 scheme.
6. Tampa Bay-Kyle Van Noy, ILB, BYU-This may be a huge sleeper pick. For the Tampa 2, an instinctive MLB with speed will be needed. Van Noy is a gamer, and can certainly excel at MLB.
7. Jacksonville-Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville-Bridgewater is dropping out the 1st round. Jacksonville would love to scoop him up here.
8. Minnesota-Deonne Bucannon, SS, Washington St.-Zimmer values his safeties. Bucannon is a missile to pair with Smith.
9. Buffalo-Demarcus Lawrence, LB/DE, Boise St.-Depending on the defensive philosophy Buffalo runs, Lawrence can put his hand in the dirt, or rush from the LB position.
10. Tennessee-Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio St.-Tennessee isn’t in win now mode. They’ll put as many stars in place as possible for a future QB, if Locker doesn’t cut the mustard.
11. New York Giants-Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech-Amaro is a value at this point, and the Giants need a TE.
12. St. Louis-Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh-St. Louis scored on their first two picks. Savage is great insurance if Bradford explodes.
13. Detroit-Marqise Lee, WR, USC-Lee has a ton of game film to show he’s been the best at the college level.
14. Pittsburgh-Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame-One a strong point, the front 3 of the Steelers D is shaky at best. Tuitt is familiar with the scheme and will transition seamlessly.
15. Dallas-Will Sutton, DT, Arizona St.-The Boys may be comfortable with their ends at this point, but Sutton will bring the heat from the interior.
16. Baltimore-Allen Robinson, WR, Penn St.-Baltimore needs a big possession type WR. Robinson is very fluid and can finally fill the void that Boldin left behind.