2014 NFL Mock Draft Picks 11-20 by Tyler Lurkins
11. Tennessee-Aaron Donald, DE, Pittsburgh-What does Tennessee need? It’s doubtful they look at a QB they aren’t comfortable with. Corner should be taken care of, and they’ve signed RT, ILB, and OLB. They’re really weak at the 5 tech, where Donald could be ultra-explosive off the edge.
12. New York Giants-Zach Martin, T, Notre Dame-Giants fans will go crazy with another drafted lineman. However, Martin can play LT, sliding Beatty to RT, and Pugh inside where he belongs.
13. St. Louis-Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma St.-St. Louis won’t place a high value on O lineman or safeties in this draft. With the heavy pursuit of Verner, it’s obvious they don’t feel the CB’s on the roster are ready to be #1’s. Gilbert has the speed and versatility to be a big weapon in this aggressive D.
14. Chicago-Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama-Even with the safety acquisitions, Conte should still be the starter at FS, and he’s one of the worst in the league. Clinton-Dix could be the centerfielder to put this D over the top, especially in a division against the Lions and Packers.
15. Pittsburgh-Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.-This pick is very simple. Dennard is the top player on the board and fits one of the biggest needs in Pittsburgh .
16. Dallas-Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon St.-After betting the farm on Romo, the Cowboys will look to add another weapon. This pick really should boil down to Aaron Donald, if he’s available, or the most explosive offensive weapon they can get their hands on.
17. Baltimore-Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville-Baltimore would love for one of the top safeties to fall to them. Though Elam is a rookie, they should consider moving him to SS, creating one of the better S tandems in the NFL.
18. New York Jets-C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama-The Jets may see the value of offensive weapons later in the draft. With the top two safeties off the board, they may look to upgrade the MLB position.
19. Miami-Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio St.-Much like the Jets, the Fins are hamstrung. They either need to trade back, or find the best weapon to add wins. Shazier is a monster of a LB, Wheeler can move over to the strong side.
20. Arizona-Kony Ealy, LB, Missouri-Arizona has too many needs to draft a QB. They have an “in it to win it” attitude in the West. Ealy is a great rusher, and a natural athlete who can cover.