2013 NFL Mock Draft Picks 11-20 by Tyler Lurkins
11. San Diego-Jonathan Cooper, G, N. Carolina-Cooper or Warmack is the draft’s top question. Cooper’s mobility and versatility will make him a solution in San Diego. Cooper can play some C and slide to RT if absolutely needed.
12. Miami-Chance Warmack, G, Alabama-Louis and Incognito are slated as the starting G’s. With most of the lineup set, Miami will polish off their O line and work on their secondary later in the draft.
13.New York Jets(via Tampa Bay)- New York Jets-Ezekial Ansah, LB, BYU-The Jets seem content on playing with their current QB’s. For this team to look fairly competitive, they’ll need the big rushing Ansah flying off the edge.
14. Carolina-Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas-This is a really good spot for a trade. With two top notch DT’s and some other stars, a team may trade a late first round, and a second rounder for a certain player. This teams weakest spots are at WR, RT, DT, and FS. RT and WR can be drafted later, there are plenty of DT’s in the draft, plus the team signed Cole and Edwards. Taking a premium FS solidifies a huge hole in a weak secondary.
15. New Orleans-Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU-A local favorite, Mingo is one of the more elite rushing LB’s in the draft. With New Orleans looking to improve their poor D, Mingo will be the outside presence the team is looking for.
16. St. Louis- Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia-In this scenario of picks, St. Louis will trade back. Ogletree and Richardson are still surprise options here, but the Rams have had a huge need at SLB for some time. With the aggressive pass rush they display, Jones is a great fit.
17. Pittsburgh- Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah-Pittsburgh will always take the best player available. Lotulelei can man the nose, and can kick out to end too. This team needs to improve their front 7, and a versatile Lotulelei is as important as a pass rusher.
18. Dallas-Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri-It will be hard to pass on Vaccaro, but this team will need a sure fire under tackle. Ratliff can’t be counted on, and Richardson is just as disruptive and explosive as any tackle in the draft.
19. New York Giant- Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.-Werner makes a lot of sense to restore this D back to greatness. With only JPP and an underperforming Tuck leading the charge, the Giants need that third end to bring back the “nascar” pass rush.
20. Chicago- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee-The team wanted to get fast, and Patterson will give them that aspect. A very stout receiver with unlimited potential, Patterson can stretch the field and be a star in the future.