NFL Mock Draft 2013 Orinda’s 2nd Round …
33) Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnthan Banks CB, Mississippi St.
With most of the secondary moving on the Jags take a solid CB that falls to them. Banks had an outstanding year in 2012 & will be a welcome addition. 6’1" 186 lbs.
34) San Francisco 49’ers – Margus Hunt DE, SMU
The Niners select the biggest athletic freak in draft. At 6’8" 277 lbs had 31 tackles, 8 sacks & 1 int in 2012. Also had 2 sacks & 2 forced fumbles in SMU’s bowl game. Blocked 17 kicks in his career at SMU. His best football is ahead of him. Had a good combine.
35) Philadelphia Eagles – E.J. Manuel QB, Florida St.
The Eagles can’t enter next season w/ Nick Foles as QB. He’s a plodder & HC Kelly needs a QB that can be mobile for his offense. At 6’4" 240 lbs w/ the speed to go with his size Manuel is the best option. Plus having M.Vick there to help coach him along. Had excellent senior year to go w/ a strong senior bowl week & good combine.
36) Detroit Lions – Menelik Watson OT, Florida St.
With Backus retiring the Lions need OT help. At 6’5" 315 lbs he’ll help QB Stafford stay in pocket.
37) Cincinnati Bengals (via oak) – Matt Elam SS, Florida
The Bengals need a safety to pair w/ Reggie Nelson. This player had a stud year in 2012 for the Gators. Plays sideline to sideline. Good against the pass w/ 4 int’s. Can come & tackle w/ viciousness. Also good on the blitz. Feels no pain & plays with it.
38) Arizona Cardinals – Larry Warford G, Kentucky
The Cardinals need some OL help. This player will help keep QB Barkley on his feet & not on his back. At 6’3" 323 lbs has the size to go w/ a mean streak.
39) Cleveland Browns – no pick / supplemental
40) N.Y. Jets – Tyler Bray QB, Tennessee
The Jets need a QB in a big way. In comes Bray at 6’5" 232 lbs w/ 32 td’s, 12 int’s, 3612 yards & 59% completion rate. Pocket passer w/ a rocket arm. Might take him a while to come around but could pay big dividends.
41) Tennessee Titans – Damontre Moore DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Moore takes a big fall due to a pitiful combine but he can get to QB. At 6’4" 250 lbs had a team leading 85 tackles, 12.5 sacks & 21.5 TFL. The Titans get lucky with this pick. Needs to add more weight to play DE in NFL.
42) Buffalo Bills – Cordarelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
The Bills get a WR to pair w/ Steve Johnson. At 6’3" 208 lbs w/ good speed, soft hands & runs good routes. Needs a little polish. In 2012 set school record w/ 1858 all purpose yards. 1st player in college football to score a td 4 different ways since 2008 rec/rush/pr/kr in 2012.
43) Miami Dolphins – Alex Okafor DE, Texas
The Dolphins need a DE that can get to QB. They get it here. At 6’4" 261 lbs had 12.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL in 2012. Had 4.5 sacks in Longhorns bowl win over Oregon St.
44) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Manti Te’o ILB, Notre Dame
Didn’t look good in BCS championship game. But still had a great career at ND. Tied for 2nd in nation w/ 7 int’s & 9 takeaways. Had 133 tackles in 2012. 6’2" 248 lbs.
45) Carolina Panthers – Eric Reid FS, LSU
The Panthers suck at safety. At 6’2" 213 lbs is a sure tackler & good ball hawk. Hits with power.
46) New Orleans Saints – no pick / bounty
47) San Diego Chargers – Jonathan Cyprien SS/FS, Florida International
The Chargers are aging in the secondary. Cyprien made a huge splash at the senior bowl & started moving up draft boards quickly. Also had a good combine. 6′ 205 lbs.
48) St. Louis Rams – DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson
Hopkins can step in & play right away. 2nd in nation in receiving yards & had 18 td’s. At 6’1" 214 lbs has the size to go with speed. Had almost 200 yards & 2 td’s in Clemson’s upset bowl win over LSU. Lightning fast w/ quick moves.
49) Dallas Cowboys – Phillip Thomas FS, Fresno St.
The ‘Boys need a good safety. Thomas led nation in int’s w/ 8 in 2012. At 6’ 208 lbs has good safety size. Also a hard hitter.