Round 2 NFL Mock Draft 2013 by Orinda Picks 50-64…
50) Pittsburgh Steelers – Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
With Wallace leaving for Miami the Steelers look to Hunter. At 6’4" 196 lbs w/ very good speed will stretch the field, move the chains & get deep often.
51) N.Y. Giants – Arthur Brown OLB/ILB, Kansas St.
The Giants have said they will be looking LB in draft. At 6′ 241 lbs is a very hard hitter. Plays sideline to sideline. Has terrific speed for LB. May have to move to OLB in NFL if can’t put on weight & keep great speed.
52) Chicago Bears – Dallas Thomas G/OT, Tennessee
The Bears need some more protection for QB Cutler. At 6’5" 310 lbs w/ the ability to play multiple positions on OL. Has the frame to add more bulk.
53) Washington Redskins – Darius Slay CB, Mississippi St.
The ‘Skins are looking to upgrade their secondary in this draft. At 6’ 190 lbs is a good cover CB. Would have heard more of him if it wasn’t for Banks. Also a good tackler.
54) Minnesota Vikings – Blidi Wreh – Wilson CB, UCONN
The Vikes need help in the secondary also. At 6’1′ 195 lbs has good size. Could play FS also. Slowly moving up draft boards.
55) Cincinnati Bengals – Giovani Bernard RB, North Carolina
Just the type of back the Bengals need. A good slasher & can go up the middle when needed. Also a good receiver out of backfield. 5’9" 205 lbs.
56) Miami Dolphins (via indy) – Zach Ertz TE, Stanford
The Dolphins get a good TE to develop w/ young QB Tannehill. At 6’5" 250 lbs & can really run the seam. Led Stanford in receptions in 2012. A decent run blocker but needs improvement.
57) Green Bay Packers – Khaseem Greene OLB/ILB, Rutgers
The Pack needs a effective LB to groom next to Matthews. A tackling machine who had 141 tackles in 2011 & 136 tackles in 2012. 6’1" 236 lbs. Played ILB at Rutgers but may have to move to OLB in NFL. Could develop into a star in Green Bay.
58) Seattle Seahawks – Robert Woods WR, USC
The Seahawks need a good WR to help out young QB Wilson. Played at 80 – 90% due to season long ankle injury in 2012. If fully healthy could be a real steal at this point in draft. Runs good routes & has exceptional speed. HC Carroll knows him well. 6’1" 190 lbs.
59) Houston Texans – Sio Moore ILB/OLB, UCONN
The Texans need help at LB. When Cushing went down in 2012 there wasn’t much depth. At 6’1" 242 lbs may have to add a little weight to play inside. Had a good combine & is moving up draft boards. If given the right opportunity could shine.
60) Denver Broncos – Jamar Taylor CB, Boise St.
The Broncos are aging in their secondary so they take a good CB. At 5’11" 190 lbs is a player that can cover & tackle. Look for the Broncos to take another secondary player.
61) New England Patriots – Da’Rick Rogers WR, Tennessee Tech
Rogers has had an up & down collegiate career. Booted from Tennessee for several infractions but a talented receiver just the same. At 6’2" 205 lbs w/ soft hands, runs solid routes w/ the speed to get by CB’s & isn’t afraid to go over the middle. The Pat’s won’t worry about his past.
62) Atlanta Falcons – Tank Carradine DE, Florida St.
If it wasn’t for his knee injury would go in 1st round. Is recovering nicely & could go a little earlier. At 6’4" 274 lbs would give the Falcons a dynamic duo at DE from this draft.
63) San Francisco 49’ers – David Amerson CB/S, North Carolina St.
Led nation w/ 13 int’s in 2011. Cooled off a bit this year & got burned a couple times early. Nice size CB at 6’2" 195 lbs. Former WR who can go up & get the ball. The Niners are aging in the secondary w/ Carlos Rogers being 33 years old. Plus they lost one safety to TB. Could help out at FS also.
64) Baltimore Ravens – Terron Armstead OT/G, Arkansas Pine – Bluff
A player who had a good senior bowl week & a hot combine. Ran a 4.7 forty. Very fast for an OL. Plus the Ravens are aging on the OL. Can play multiple positions. 6’5" 307 lbs.