2014 NFL Mock Draft
John Ellsworth’s Final 2014 NFL Mock Draft | 7 Full Rounds
1) Houston Texans – Jadevon Clowney DE, South Carolina 6’5" 266 lbs.
The best ever? We’ll see. The Texans can’t turn down the opportunity to take him. Could be outstanding as stand up pass rusher in their 3/4. His potential is over the top & the sky’s the limit.
2) Trade – Minnesota Vikings (via st lou-wash) – Blake Bortles QB, Central Florida 6’5" 232 lbs.
Bortles is the top rated QB & would fit in w/ the Vikes OC Norv Turner’s offense. Very similar in size & arm strength to Philip Rivers. The other QB’s are between 5’11" – 6’2" & 200 – 215 lbs. Bortles is much bigger & that’s good for durability. Plus he’s quick on his feet & can scramble for yds. In return the Rams move down to #8 & get Vikes 2nd round pk #40 & their 2nd 3rd round pk #96 (via sea).
3) Jacksonville Jaguars – Khalil Mack OLB, Buffalo 6’3" 251 lbs.
The Jags need help all over their D. HC Bradley has been paying very good attention to everything Mack has been doing. Plays sideline to sideline & has great pursuit skills. Very heavy hitter. Had a great combine.
4) Cleveland Browns – Sammy Watkins WR, Clemson 6’1" 211 lbs.
The Browns need a WR to pair w/ Josh Gordon & this is as good as it gets. Incredible 1st step & acceleration. Racks up huge YAC. Also outstanding on special teams. Better blocker than given credit for.
5) Oakland Raiders – Derek Carr QB, Fresno St. 6’2" 215 lbs.
My No. Cal sources say the Raiders have a massive crush on Carr. They signed Schaub from the Texans but they need a QB for the future. Had over 5,000 yds & 50 td’s in 2013. Would be a good local pick & great for fan base too.