2014 NFL Mock Draft Round 2
Round 2 | 33-43:
33) Houston Texans – Teddy Bridgewater QB, Louisville 6’2" 214 lbs.
Has good work ethic, nice skill set & a good arm though not a cannon. Shows mobility on the roll out & has poise in the pocket. Slides in this draft due to average combine & pro day. But his game film is on target. HCQB guru O’Brien could mold him into a solid pro starter.
34) Washington Redskins – Jimmie Ward S, Northern Illinois 5’11" 193 lbs.
The Skins need help all over their D. Ward had a real good combine & has been moving up draft boards since. If he were a little bigger would get 1st round consideration.
35) Trade – St. Louis Rams (via clev) – Jeremy Hill RB, LSU 6′ 233 lbs.
Has decent speed, good strength & power to burst through OL & break LB tackles & run over CB’s & S’s. Teaming w/ Zac Stacy would give HC Jeff Fisher 2 bruising backs to play the smash mouth offense he likes.
36) Oakland Raiders – Davante Adams WR, Fresno St. 6’1" 212 lbs.
The Raiders decide to reunite Adams & 1st round pick QB Carr who have played together last 3 years. Led nation w/ 131 recep, over 1700 yds & 24 td’s in 2013. Has sticky fingers, runs solid routes & can get deep.
37) Atlanta Falcons – Jace Amaro TE, Texas Tech 6’5" 265 lbs.
Burst onto the scene in 2013 w/ 102 recep, over 1300 yds & 7 td’s. Fast for his size, good route runner & has reliable hands & XLNT body control. To fast for LB’s & to big for S’s to cover. Hard to bring down when he gets up to speed. Needs to work on blocking. The Falcons replace HOF Anthony Gonzalez.
38) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Timmy Jernigan DT, Florida St. 6’2" 299 lbs.
The Bucs grab a good DT to put next to McCoy in the middle of their D. Had great game vs Auburn in BCS Championship win. Had 63 tackles, 4.5 sacks & 11 TFL in 2013. Very quick on his feet to get between OL & into backfield.
39) Jacksonville Jaguars – Jimmy Garoppolo QB, Eastern Illinois 6’2" 226 lbs.
Jags HC Bradley has been eyeing him since the Senior Bowl where he & his staffed coached him. Has good field vision & gets rid of ball very quickly. Could be best suited for west coast offense. Needs to be coached up but could turn out to be solid NFL starter.
40) Trade – St. Louis Rams (via minn) – Cyrus Kouandjio OT, Alabama 6’6" 322 lbs.
The Rams need an OT to play ROT then move over to LOT when Jake Long is done. He didn’t have a good combine due to medical issue & it’s hurt his stock. But had a real good pro day so that should be behind him. Had good 2nd half of year in 2013. Needs a little development but could pay big dividends. Well coached by Nick Saban & his staff @ Bama.
41) Buffalo Bills – Morgan Moses OT, Virginia 6’6" 314 lbs.
The Bills have to replace Eric Pear & never really replaced Andy Levitre. 3 year starter for the Cavaliers. Could be good blind side protector for QB Manuel for next 10 years. Good in pass protection & solid in ground game. Took 11 lbs of flab off for combine & looked good.
42) Tennessee Titans – Carlos Hyde RB, Ohio St 5’11’ 230 lbs.
Can control game on ground & take pressure off QB Locker. Missed 1st 3 games of 2013 season but still had over 1400 yds rushing & 14 td’s. Has nice size & speed to break off long runs. Doesn’t put the ball on the ground. Good hands out of backfield. Needs to work on blocking. Should replace CJ.
43) New York Giants – Stephon Tuitt DT, Notre Dame 6’5" 304 lbs.
GM Jerry Reese loves his DL. Tuitt would fit in real nice here. Had 49 tackles, 9 TFL, 7.5 sacks, 1 FF & 1 pick-six in 2013. Diving int for td vs Michigan was a huge play in game. Dominates line of scrimmage. Tough on run defense & puts pressure on QB. Dropped 15 lbs for combine & it showed.