2014 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10 by John E.
6) Atlanta Falcons – Greg Robinson OT, Auburn 6’5" 332 lbs.
This pick comes down to GR or Anthony Barr. Robinson is the BPA. The Falcons signed a couple OL in FA but this guy would be awesome blind side protector for QB Ryan for next decade. Great blocker in the run game.
7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Evans WR, Texas A&M 6’5" 231 lbs.
Evans had a great 2013 season pairing w/ Manziel. Had outstanding games vs Bama w/ 7 recep for 279 yds & 2 td’s & Auburn w/ 11 recep, 287 yds & 4 td’s. Beats D w/ mismatch size & can pile up YAC. Has sneaky speed to get by CB’.
8) Trade - St. Louis Rams (via minn) – Justin Gilbert CB, Oklahoma St. 6′ 202 lbs.
HC Jeff Fisher loves his secondary & takes the best CB available to replace the released Cortland Finnegan. Good at bump & run & off man coverage too. Was red hot @ combine highlighted by 4.37 40 the fastest of all DB’s. Scored 7 td’s for the Cowboys in 2013 & 2012.
9) Buffalo Bills – Eric Ebron TE, North Carolina 6’4" 250 lbs.
The Bills need a TE to give young QB Manuel another weapon. Produced long td’s & killed teams down the middle of seam. Could be best TE to enter NFL in several years. Decent blocker & has nice skill set. Good size , speed & strength. Rocks defenders & puts them on their heels..
10) Detroit Lions – Anthony Barr OLB/DE, UCLA 6’5" 255 lbs.
With Watkins, Evans & Gilbert off the board the Lions go for the BPA on their board. They need a good 3/4 edge rusher who can get to QB quickly. His best football is ahead of him.