2014 NFL Mock Draft Picks 11-20 by John E
11) Tennessee Titans – Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M 6’5" 308 lbs.
This would be a match made in heaven. He’s been a 4 year starter & 2 time All American. The Titans need OL help for the future. Intelligence & instincts are off the charts.
12) New York Giants – Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan 6’7" 309 lbs.
Top priority for the G-men is to protect Eli. As Eli goes so go the Giants. 4 year starter for the Wolverines. A real mauler in the run game & good @ pass protection too. Surprised everyone at the combine w/ the fastest 40 time among all OL (4.87) & highest vertical jump too.
13) Trade – Cleveland Browns (via st.lou) – Johnny Manziel QB, Texas A&M 6′ 207 lbs.
The Browns trade up to get their face of the franchise QB. Will create lots of excitement in Cleveland. Everyone knows the stats. The Browns now have Manziel, Watkins & Gordon on the offensive prowl. In return the Rams slide down to #26 & also get the Browns 2nd round pk #35 & their 2nd 3rd round pk #83 (via pitt).
14) Chicago Bears – HaHa Clinton – Dix, FS, Alabama 6’1" 208 lbs.
The Bears need help in their secondary. Clinton – Dix is the best FS available buy a bunch. He’ll definitely close off the back end. Covers a lot of ground & good in pass coverage vs big WR’s.
15) Pittsburgh Steelers – Bradley Roby CB, Ohio St. 5’11" 194 lbs.
The Steelers need help all over their D. Had a down year in 2013 but had a great year in 2012 so you know the talent is there. Had a great all around combine & posted a 4.39 40 so is quite fast & hits like a truck. Plus the Steelers have a preference for Buckeye players.
16) Dallas Cowboys – Aaron Donald DT, Pittsburgh 6’1" 288 lbs.
The Boys need help up the middle of their D. Led nation w/ 28.5 TFL in 2013. Would fit in real nice w/ Kiffin & Marinelli’s 4/3 Tampa 2 D scheme.
17) Baltimore Ravens – Calvin Pryor S, Louisville 5’11" 207 lbs.
The Ravens need a FS so they can move last years top pick Elam back to SS his natural position. Pryor would be real strong on the back end. Fast enough to get sideline to sideline & is a real thumper which GM Ozzie Newsome likes.
18) New York Jets – Odell Beckham Jr. WR, LSU 5’11" 198 lbs.
The Jets need offensive play makers for young QB Smith. His stock has been rising the last few weeks. Is very fast & has quick moves to get by CB’s & get deep. Has soft hands & runs solid routes.
19) Miami Dolphins – Zack Martin G/OT, Notre Dame 6’4" 308 lbs
The Dolphins could use 2 OL from this draft. Opens up holes in ground game & solid in pass protection. Projects best as G in NFL. Coaches like that he can play multiple positions on OL.
20) Arizona Cardinals – Rashede Hageman DE/DT, Minnesota 6’6" 310 lbs.
With Dockett turning 33 years old the Cards look to Hageman who can play multiple positions on DL. Saw lots of double teams in Big 10 but they couldn’t contain him. Good pass rush ability to get to QB. Also can stuff the run. Unblockable at times.