2013 NFL Draft: The What, Where, When and more NFL Draft Info
What: This year will be the 78th annual NFL Draft (or NFL Player Selection Meeting).
Where: Like last year the NFL Draft will be located at Radio City Music Hall in New York City (if you are going to plug it into your smart phone for directions the address is 1260 6th Avenue New York, NY 10020).
When: Like the last couple of years the NFL draft will be held over multiple days. The 1st round of the 2013 NFL Draft will be held on Thursday, April 25th 2013 I would assume. Then it will be followed on Friday, April 26th by rounds 2-3 and the rest of the picks will be on Saturday, April 27th (this is speculation as the rounds haven’t officially been released yet).
NFL Draft Order: The NFL Draft order will be determined by first off if you make the playoffs or if you don’t make the playoffs. Then all teams that did not make the playoffs are put in order based upon their record in the 2012 NFL Season. If there is a tie in the record then the tie breaker’s are :1. Strength of Schedule… if your oppenents had more wins then the team you are tied with you have a tougher strength of schedule and you “lose” in this situation because your team was supposedly better; 2. Division Tiebreakers: Head to head and all that other stuff… the worse team picks first; 3. Conference Tiebreakers: same as the division ones; 4. If all of these are the same then they flip a coin and hope for the best. Once the first 20 picks are determined by this then they move on to the losers of each round of the playoffs. 1. The eliminated Wild card teams; 2. Eliminated Division Round Teams; 3. Championship game runners up; 4. Super Bowl runner up; 5. World Champions. For Rounds 2-7 the draft order will remain the same. The only reason the draft order would change is if you had the same record as another team…if this is the case then they will rotate or flip flop picks per round depending how many teams share the same record.
Important Notes and 2013 NFL Draft Trades:
1. The St. Louis Rams will get the Washington Redskins 1st round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft due to the trade for Robert Griffin III, Quarterback out of Baylor.
2. Cincinnati Bengals obtain the Oakland Raiders 2nd round pick because of the Carson Palmer trade.
3. The Miami Dolphins get the Indianapolis Colts 2nd round pick due to the Vontae Davis Trade. (they also get a conditional 6th round selection in the 2013 NFL Draft)
4. The Cleveland Browns will not have their 2nd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft because they selected Josh Gordon in the 2012 Supplemental Draft. Whatever round you select the player in the supplemental draft for you lose that pick in the next NFL Draft.
5. The New Orleans Saints will forfeit their 2nd round draft pick due to the 2012 “Bounty Gate” or “Bounty Scandal”
6. There are a lot more trades that have already happened that will effect the 2013 NFL draft but I am only doing the trades and notes from the first 2 rounds at this point.
Two see possible first round picks and a projected NFL Draft visit the below NFL Mock Drafts: