Top 5 2012 Heisman Trophy Hopefuls in this Heisman watch
By Tyler Lurkins
- Collin Klein, QB, Kansas St.-Klein has passed for 1600+ yards, rushed for 600+ yards, and has produced 28 touchdowns. He has led the Wildcats to the #2 ranking in the country.
- Geno Smith, QB, W. Virginia-With nearly 2500 yards of total offense, Smith is showing comparisons to last year’s winner, RGIII. Unfortunately, his stock his stuck due to the inept ability for West Virginia to defeat top competition.
- Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio St.-A sophomore, Miller is holding his own in the stat category. 1500+ yards through the air, and a stunning 1100 on the ground warrants his case to be in the top 5. With a great close to the season, Miller could find himself at the top of the list.
- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A and M-Though a freshman winning the trophy is impossible, Manziel may make the trip to NYC. With over 3000 yards of total offense, Manziel is turning into a household name.
- Colby Cameron, QB, Louisiana Tech-Though no network is talking about Cameron, he has led LTU to a one loss season. He is a product of the system but stat line reads: 2600 yards passing, 21 TD’s, and ZERO intercept
To see where I have these players in my 2013 NFL Mock Draft check out the below: