This is the 2012 Heisman Trophy watch
Collin Klein is no longer the front runner.
- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A and M-If Johnny football was anything more than a Freshman, the list would stop with him. He has completed nearly 70% of his throws and has maintained a QB rating of over 150. Not to mention Manziel has accumulated over 3000 grand vertically and 1000 yards on the ground.
- Marqise Lee, WR, USC-Lee should get the nod over Klein simply due to his domination over opposing corners. With the exception of Washington, no team has shut him down. Lee has 1600 receiving yards and 14 TD’s.
- Collin Klein, QB, Kansas St.-Klein possesses a major upside over Manziel and Lee. He is the top Senior in the nation. That fact alone will keep him in good graces with many voters. The stats certainly speak for themselves, but the average yards per play do not. Plus with a 14:6 TD to INT rate, Klein is not the top passer his yardage may suggest.
- Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame-Similar to a Freshman, a defensive player usually finds it hard to win the Heisman. However, Te’o is the leader of an undefeated team and completely dominates the competition. With nearly 100 tackles, 6 picks, and a sack and a half, Te’o has proven himself to be a dynamic player.
- Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio St./Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon-Though both of these players have been nothing short of spectacular, they are so far off the lead they’re nearly irrelevant. Both failed to put big numbers last week in the wake of Klein’s slippage.
If you want to see where these players are being taken in our NFL Mock Drafts check out the below links.