2012 Heisman Trophy Hopefuls…Can anyone beat Collin Klein?
By Tyler Lurkins
- Collin Klein, QB, Kansas St.-Klein still has the lead and as long as K-State keeps winning, he may be the only pony on the ticket. With a shade under 700 yards rushing and 1875 yards in the air, Klein is the top player in the country.
- Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio St.-Miller also has eye popping stats. Throwing for 1700+ yards, combined with an incredible 1166 yards on the ground, Miller has established himself as a bright young star in college football. The biggest flaw is Miller’s completion percentage, which is fairly dull at 56%.
- Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A and M-It’s tough being a freshman and in Heisman talks. Manziel has wowed the SEC completing 67% of his passes for over 2500 yards. On the ground, Manziel is sitting at over 900 yards.
- Colby Cameron, QB, Louisiana Tech-If not for a loss against Texas A and M, LT would be undefeated and sitting pretty in the polls. Cameron sits a shade under 3000 passing yards for the year, while completing 70% of his throws.
- Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon-Previously not on this list, Barner’s big showing against USC has risen his prominence. Unfortunately, his production fails to separate him from other backs and he currently sits third in the nation in rushing yards. However, the mainstream media is in love with his electric style and he will further jump in the rankings. The base of his stardom will come in his touchdowns(19) and his YPA(7).